Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The introduction...

Every journey starts with the first step. I guess that means every blog begins with the first word.

Before you read any further, I have to warn you… I am a retired NY cab driver and a “Trucker in Training” so, I am going to use colorful words.  I’m not trying to offend anyone and if you are offended by “Fuck”, “Shit” and “Dick”…there’s no need to read anymore. Sometimes I make up my own words too; just try to follow along. 

I’ve lived in the south on and off since the 90’s.  I can’t say it has rubbed off on me, though.  I don’t say “y’all” – I say “yous”.  When I offer directions it may come out like “Youzzle have to take a right at the corner, then youzzle see the gas station on the left” and shit like that. I don’t like biscuits and gravy (the white gravy that looks like puke) or mustid on my boiga’s. I drink soda. I stand on line when I want to pay for my groceries. I love buttered rolls with my coffee and a danish is a meal when you buy it from a diner. This probably means nothing to you if you’re from NY but trust me, once you get past Jersey – the nation becomes a whole different universe!

So, sit back and enjoy the ride with me as I take you on my journey.  I’ll visit some of my past because you’ll have to understand where I came from. My past is the foundation of what got me here today.

1 comment:

  1. Terri,..I LOVE it, I am so glad you decided to blog it, it is like getting my NY fix, everyday, I can handle, fuck, shit & dick, and anything else you throw my way! You two make a great couple, and I look forward to reading about your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete